10.1.11

Books

I managed to fix my camera today, so I decided to take some photos of the books I got for Christmas, and write a short review on them. Here goes.

Concept Art D'Artiste







This is a great book. I love the art books by Ballistic, there really well made. It comes in a hard outer shell, like the Massive Black art book. There are just over 200 pages crammed with hundreds of amazing pictures. The book mainly follows 4 major artists: George Hull, andrew Jones, Nicolas Bouvier [Sparth] and Viktor Antonov. They each give advanced and comprehensive tutorials, and also show the reader some of there favorite artists and art works. A great book to look at. 9/10

Digital Art Masters: Volume 4





Again, a great art book. I'd say this is more of an advanced tutorial book really. Still hundreds of great pictures to ogle at, both 2D and 3D. Includes artists such as Maciej Kuciara and Daarken. With about 300 pages it's plenty to be going on with. May have to commit to buying each new release now lol. 7.5/10

The Art of God of War III







Probably my favorite out of the lot. It's awesome. Having been a fan of the game, and it's art direction, I decided against the art of Uncharted this time. I wanted a book that related more to my interests. The book is a mix of 2D concepts/illustrations and 3D production work. I can't recommend this book enough. 270 pages of pure artistic inspiration. 10/10

Last Man Standing: Killbook of a Bounty Hunter








A very surprise gift from a great friend that went to New York over Christmas. And boy was I surprised. It's fantastic. It is the creation of an artist called Dan Luvisi. It's not really an art book as such, it's much more involving. He basically creates an entire world. It mixes digital art. character design, graphic design, logo design and much more. The artwork is immense, and the book is huge. It's about A3 size, and has about 220 pages crammed with eye candy. Guns, girls and cool armour, what more could you want. Cheers Matt. 9.5/10

So there you have it. My very short book review. I cant recommend these books enough. I feel like a newly recharged battery, ready to paint everything :) lol

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Archive